The Brand Guild is looking for a talented storyteller to lead our NYC consumer lifestyle public relations team. Our ideal candidate is someone who loves the constantly exciting pace of agency life, is a voracious reader whose curiosity never subsides, and who is equal parts left brain and right. If you’re someone who constantly looks for the story like a journalist and the hook like a marketer, then we want to hear from you.
We’re looking for a candidate with 8+ years of agency experience developing and executing public relations strategies for national consumer lifestyle accounts. Reporting to the SVP of Public Relations, this role requires a PR pro that can manage a team as well as a portfolio of high-profile accounts. Someone who can sniff out the big stories, cultivate client relationships, and comes with a wealth of longstanding editorial relationships.
Agency experience is a must; crisis communications experience a plus. While The Brand Guild team is currently working remotely, this position will be based in our NYC office.
- Provide strategic public relations counsel to a range of clients in the consumer lifestyle space
- Develop and establish a good working relationship with clients and interact with them via in person, phone and/or email meetings to ensure all clients are kept informed of new developments and progress
- Develop strategic communications plans that support strategic press initiatives for a variety of clients
- Proactively identify, create, pitch and follow up on media opportunities to garner national and regional earned media coverage that meets client goals
- Create communications materials including brand strategies, press releases and media messages
- Prepare spokespeople for media interviews through the development of messaging and talking points, and in-depth media training when required
- Manage project and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Manage direct reports, including mentoring, consistently providing feedback, and conducting performance reviews
- Analyze, measure and report on communications and media projects
- 8+ years of public relations agency experience developing and executing public relations strategies for national accounts
- Ability to provide essential support for press initiatives including media and client management, and strategy development
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a creative thinker with strong decision making skills
- Active relationships with national consumer lifestyle and business media
- Must be proactive, reliable, resourceful and have an eye for detail
- Must be an eternal optimist who is proactive, reliable, and resourceful with the ability to independently manage multiple projects and clients simultaneously with changing priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience managing direct reports
*The Brand Guild is an equal opportunity employer.